BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day, Black Friday, and all things that come with Thanksgiving weekend

I apologize for not writing in so long, really I do. I've been soooo busy. But I suppose thats no excuse. Thanksgiving was delicious I think I gained 500 thousand pounds. I only went to two Thanksgivings this year although it felt like more because of all the food I ate. I got to see lots of family that I haven't seen in ages. That was nice. I must say I was a little disappointed in the lack of leftovers. I totally went to the fridge two days later and expected there to be tons of leftovers and there were like none. I was not a happy camper.

Anyway the next day Ian and I woke up at 5 and went and got hot chocolate and then met Amanda to go black friday shopping. I must admit that I was expecting pushing, shoving, fighting...you know all the usual black friday horrors you hear about. Nope...nadda...not one little fight. It was actually calm. We got lots accomplished. By 8 o'clock we had been in like 5 stores, the mall and Toys R Us. We then went back to Amandas apartment and slept and watched the Big Bang Theory which I might add she got for 10 bucks while we were out black friday shopping. Then we went to the festival of trees. Which was very Christmasy but fun. Amanda got Rick some fudge and there were some pretty awesome trees and gingerbread houses. I liked it. That night we got to babysit my two little cousins. One is 2 and the other is only like 4 weeks old and is so adorable!

So all in all I can honestly say I had a pretty awesome Thanksgiving weekend and that people shouldn't be so scared of black Friday. So ya gotta get up a little early. As long as you have a plan and go early its really not that bad. Plus its totally worth all the savings and you can always sleep later:)

0 comments: